Another year in the books and what a fun one it was. From three ridiculous mountain top-reaching races to another great PR at santa cruz Tri, 2018 goes down as one of the best years yet. I upped my swimming to reach 250k yards this year. Running was well over 850 miles and balanced that with 1200 miles of biking. That and I only took 100 off days... which with some injury in the spring is pretty awesome.
So what races are in stock for 2019? Here’s the calendar so far:
- Kaiser Half
- Half mooon bay Tri
- Bay 2 Breakers - Sandman
- Santa Cruz Tri
- Morro Bay Tri
Hopefully we’ll squeeze in a ragnar or something else, but this is an awesome start to kick things off.
In terms of goals, there are a few tweaks to make me better across all of the sports:
1. Bike to work in the summer once a week - its easy, saves time, and I get more precious bike miles in
2. Joined swim-smooth, going to leverage that to focus on a more efficient technique to get to 1:30 split on my 1000 yard swim
3. Change shoes on time to avoid foot injuries like 2018
4. Improve daily nutrition to increase good foods and reduce bad sugars/fats
5. Increase running and cycling cadence
Pretty straight forward, but hopefully with these few tweaks we’ll make 2019 even better than what we did this year.